Sunday, July 09, 2006

Last two pages of Monkeyboy and Julia Pastrana!









Here's the last two page of my weekly Monkeyboy story. I hope to start a new one soon or maybe try to print this one, while it's still fresh. I hope you all liked it and I'd love to hear what you thought of the whole story.
Also above are a few pictures and old drawings of the real Julia pastrana (Monkeyboy's mother). You can find her real story in many fine books. Just look her up on the web or in your local bookstore or Library! Look! in that one photo, she's standing next to her baby...In real life, he had the same fate as Julia.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have not heard about this, gonna have to check it out now. Great concept.

Frank Zieglar said...

What do this have to do with Illistration Friday?

And the link should vbr to a static page not the whole blog.

Brent Engstrom said...

I thought the word was sacrifice... This is a self scrifice.

Frank Zieglar said...

Yeah it's sacrifice. you don't seem to mention IF or 'sacrifice' - maybe if I read the comic I would get it.

I just saw the pics and got lost and confused. Greats drawings though - I just didn't see the connection.

And your link should go here http://monkeyboycomic.blogspot.com/2006/07/last-two-pages-of-monkeyboy-and-julia.html
So when you add new posts above it - the link is still the good.

Brent Engstrom said...

To read it from the beginning, go hear...
http://monkeyboy.goldengoatstudios.com/Images/Pages/Viewer/MonkeyboyOnline-001.html

I'll try to link it better next time I post on IF...and I'm glad you liked my drawings

Frank Zieglar said...

I went back and read some of the previous - I see it now.

Good stuff.

Brent Engstrom said...

Thanks FZ!